Saturday, September 7, 2013

Things to Know about Aleesha

I've never been great at making up titles. I'm Aleesha. English major, editing minor (There seems to be a few of us in this class). Currently, I am working at the BYU Religious Studies Center as a student editor. One day, I hope to be involved in book publishing. I'm from the faraway land of Lehi, UT.

I don't have very many recent pictures of me, sorry.
My sister (left) and me (right)
To help you learn more about who I am, I have decided to share five interesting facts about me.


1. I was almost born on Labor DaySeptember 4, 1990. I guess my baby-self thought it would be appropriate to at least get the labor process started. The funny thing is two of my younger siblings were born on holidaysMarch 17, St. Patrick's day (also my parents' anniversary), and May 5, Cinco de Mayo. We take holidays very seriously at our house. If you don't believe me, I will show you a picture of my house at Christmastime. (My dad's nickname is Clark Griswold, if that helps paint the picture).


2. I'm obsessed, probably unhealthily, with Gilmore Girls. It's my favorite TV show, and I own all seven seasons. Not one day goes by when I don't quote it or reference it. I like to watch it especially when I am sick or need a little pick-me-up.

3. I love 80s music, probably because that's all my dad played when I was growing up. My favorite 80s bands or artists include the following: Depeche Mode, The Smiths, Michael Jackson, Tears for Fears, Simple Minds, A Flock of Seagulls, and the B-52s.

4. Half of my wardrobe is made up of cardigans; I'm a collector, to say the least. The one reason I am glad that summer is over is so I can start wearing my cardigans again.

5. I really want to go to Italy one day. I've never had the opportunity to travel very far from home. It's sad, I know. But hopefully I will be to go soon after I graduate.

So, that's about it. I hope you have enjoyed learning about me. Sorry if it was at all boring. As I am an editor, I will leave you with a few editor jokes.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you! My sister watched Gilmore Girls every day after school, and I still find myself quoting it. I also still have it as a goal to finish the Rory Gilmore Book List. The problem is that she can read books in the flourish of a pen, while I have to actually have real time to be able to read and digest them, so I am hopelessly behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife loves Gilmore Girls, too! I haven't learned to appreciate it quite as much as her yet, but it's definitely quality programming. My older brother and his friends made at least 5 CDs of 80s music when I was younger, so I've heard tons of it as well. Good stuff. I hope you get to make it to Italy! Good to meet you!

    ReplyDelete